The McNab Shepherd Registry requires that all members subscribe to the following Code of Ethics to promote and foster the highest standards among breeders, owners and fanciers. MSR is devoted to the continued protection, betterment, advancement and welfare of the McNab Shepherd; the following Code of Ethics is predicated upon this fundamental philosophy.
Please take a moment to read the Code of Ethics, and become familiar with MSR’s requirements of their members.
- I believe and accept that the protection, betterment, advancement and welfare of the breed as a whole supersedes personal, competitive, or financial reasons for owning a McNab.
- I will demonstrate good character by being respectful and courteous in my words and conduct towards others. I will offer encouragement and guidance to fellow members and interested persons, recognizing that the future of the breed depends upon sharing of accurate and knowledgeable information.
- I will not knowingly slander or seek to damage the reputation of other owners.
- I will be honest and factual in all my communications, either written or verbal, as well as in any advertisements or promotions of the McNab. I will honor all written contracts, agreements and guarantees.
- I will strive to assure good standards of health and care including proper veterinary care, sanitary living conditions and proper nutrition. I will not tolerate unnecessary suffering or inhumane treatment.
- I will not knowingly sell or trade dogs to wholesalers, retailers, pet shops, medical research facilities, or agents thereof, or to unethical persons whose intent is questionable to me.
- I will screen buyers to the best of my abilities to ensure a safe and loving environment, and a life-long relationship with any dog I sell or place.
- I agree to breed my McNab only to other purebred McNabs, demonstrated by being structurally and temperamentally sound.
- Complaints or suggestions concerning the management service or operation shall be in writing, signed by the member and addressed to the Board of Directors via the MSA address.
- Enforcement: I shall agree that receipt by the Board of Directors of written allegations of violations of this CODE OF ETHICS shall be investigated and acted upon according to the By-Laws of the Club.